Spiced Apple & Strawberry Easy Crumble
- 6 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and roughly diced
- 250g small strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 130g dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 star anise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Carman’s Gourmet Clusters Honey Roasted Nut
- Mascarpone, to serve
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 45 mins
- Serves: 6-8
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan).
- Combine all ingredients except pepper, clusters and mascarpone in a large bowl.
- Toss well to combine.
- Season sparingly with black pepper, toss again, then spoon mixture into a 1.75L ovenproof dish.
- Generously spread Honey Roasted Nut Gourmet Clusters over the top, cover with alfoil and bake for 40-45 mins until the fruit is soft and bubbling.
- Serve hot, topped with dollops of mascarpone.