Vanilla, Coconut & Oat Biscuits
- 1/2 cup Carman's Honey, Vanilla & Cinnamon Gourmet Porridge Oats
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 110g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes (approx.)
- Serves: 22
- Line two large baking trays with baking paper and preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan).
- In a large bowl combine shredded coconut and oats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine egg whites, sugar, vanilla bean paste and salt. Whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the meringue mixture into the coconut and oats until just combined.
- Use clean, wet hands to roll heaped tablespoon-sized balls of the mixture and arrange on trays, leaving about 2-3cm between each biscuit.
- Bake 15-20 mins until golden. Allow to cool on trays for 10 mins then transfer to baking racks to cool completely.