Caramelised Pears or Apples
- 4 firm Packham Pears, peeled, cored and each cut into 8 wedges OR
- 4 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Heat a non-stick fry pan on medium heat. Add the butter and sugar to the pan.
- When the butter starts to foam, add the apples or pears to the pan.
- Cook turning several times until they have sopped up the sugar and butter and have taken on a caramelised colour and are tender, approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
To serve, top your morning muesli with the caramelised poached pears and dollops of yoghurt.
For a lovely burnt toffee taste, let the fruit cook until it becomes a darker than caramel colour.