Berrylicious Icy Pops with Crunchy Clusters
- 2 cups Greek yogurt plain or vanilla
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Honey
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Milk
- 1/2 cup Fresh or frozen berries
- 3/4 cup Carman's Crunchy Oat Clusters
- Preparation time: 15
- Cooking time: 6
- Serves: 8
These easy Yogurt Icy Pops with crunchy clusters (or granola of your choice), Greek yogurt, honey and berries are a fun and healthy way to start your day or a snack.
We use Greek yogurt for the base of these breakfast pops because we love its tangy flavor and creaminess. It is thick, so you need to thin it out with a bit of milk. For an extra creamy popsicle, choose full-fat Greek yogurt.
Approximately 121 kcal per icy pop.
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, honey (2 ½ tablespoons) and milk. Set aside.
- Heat 4 teaspoons honey a few seconds in the microwave to make it runnier. In another bowl, mix together Carman’s Clusters and honey until sticky. Set aside.
- Fill popsicles mold with the yogurt mixture ⅔rd full. Using a small kitchen funnel makes it super easy but if you don’t have one, a spoon works just as well.
- Push the fruits into the yogurt mixture. This works best when using a chopstick, a skewer or a small spoon.
- Top with clusters mixture, pushing it into the yogurt mixture lightly.
- Add popsicle sticks, leaving 2 inches or so for a handle. Freeze for at least 6 hours to set. Before serving, defrost for about 5 minutes (or run the mold under warm water), then serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks:
- When filling your molds, leave about one-quarter inch of room at the top as the popsicles will expand as they freeze. Wipe off any excess mixture from the top. If that residue freezes, it will make unmolding difficult.
- Freezing times vary depending on the effectiveness of your freezer. For the best results, place your molds toward the back of the freezer where it’s coldest.
- You can leave pops in their molds for several days without any problems. However, it’s best to unmold them within a day so they don’t discolor or change texture.
How to unmold icy pops mess free: There are several ways to unmold ice pops accident-free. However, we find the best method is to fill a pan with warm (not hot) water, and briefly dip the popsicle mold in until the pops loosen. They should separate from the mold after about 20 to 30 seconds. Remove the icy pops mold from the water and place it on your kitchen counter. Now, gripping the handles, pull gently upward. You should get nice, clean icy pops. Should they be stuck, leave them in the water just a little longer.