Oaty Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Carman's Rolled Oats
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 125g butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 500 ml vanilla ice cream
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 - 15 minutes
- Serves: Makes 20 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a two baking trays, or line them with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Add syrup, water and soda.
- In a mixing bowl combine oats, sugar, flour, coconut and create a well in the middle.
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Roll a tablespoon of mixture into a ball and place 4cm apart on a greased baking tray.
- Flatten slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet. Then, cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- For each ice cream sandwich, place 1 scoop of ice cream (about 1/3 cup) between 2 cookies. Gently press the biscuits together, until the ice cream spreads to the edge.
- Ready to eat immediately.
This is Carman’s unique twist on the classic ANZAC Biscuit recipe that everyone knows and loves!
To save for later, wrap your ice cream sandwiches individually in plastic wrap. Then place in resealable freezer bag and freeze until needed