Sourdough Nachos & Guacamole
- 1 Corn cob
- 1 Medium tomato
- 1/4 Red onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 3-4 Baby capsicum
- 1 Packet of Carman's Original or Super Seed Sourdough Crispbread
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Preparation time: 5
- Cooking time: 8-10 mins
- Serves: 2
This is a recipe for the real sourdough lovers out there! Deb from @thrivebayau has transformed our Sourdough Crispbread into a delicious nacho recipe, topped with fresh guacamole.
Nachos method (ingredients to the right):
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut the corn off the cob, chop the tomato, and slice the red onions, jalapeno and baby capsicums. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Break up the sourdough crispbread into bite sized pieces and place them on an oven proof dish.
- Layer the chopped up veggies on top of the crispbread pieces and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted through.
- Remove from the oven and top with guacamole and coriander leaves.
- ½ small tomato
- 1 jalapeno
- ¼ red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large avocado
- Juice of ½ a lime
- ½ tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
Method for guacamole:
- Finely chop up the tomato, jalapeno, onion and garlic and place in a bowl.
- Add in the minced onion, avocado, lime, cumin, and salt. Mash the contents of the bowl using a fork until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge covered with cling wrap until ready to eat.