Red Pepper & Toasted Hazelnut Dip
- 120g skinless hazelnuts
- 400g roasted red peppers (from jar or deli)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 170g tin tomato paste
- small handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp white wine vingar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 125ml light olive oil
- extra hazelnuts, roasted red pepper and parsley to serve
- Carman's Ancient Grain & Cracked Pepper Super Seed & Grain Crackers to serve
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time:
- Serves: 6-8 as a snack
- Spread hazelnuts on a large, microwave-safe plate. Microwave on low for 1 minute, stopping half way and stirring, or until they become light golden in colour and become fragrant.
- Combine toasted nuts with all other ingredients (except oil) in a food processor. Blend until chopped but still chunky. With the food processor running, add oil in a slow stream until all incorporated.
- Spoon into a bowl and decorate with extra roasted peppers, whole and chopped hazelnuts and parsley leaves to serve.
- Serve with Carman’s Ancient Grain & Cracked Pepper Super Seed & Grain Crackers.
This dip pairs perfectly with our Ancient Grain & Cracked Pepper Crackers